Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Best Show On Television; The Final Season

Tonight is the season premier of The Shield, in my opinion the best show on television today. This is the last season. It is the beginning of the end for Vic Mackey, the crooked cop with a heart of gold. Mackey has planted evidence, beaten suspects, protected drug dealers for cash, committed arm robbery and murdered several including a cop. Yet, you can’t help but love him and hope he gets away with it, because what really motivates Mackey is a desire to make a difference. He risks his life and his freedom to protect his family, his team, and the innocent people of Farmington. If you have never seen it, start tonight at 10 on FX. Then add seasons 1-6 to your Netflix queue. Trust me; once you pop in that first disc you will be hooked. As it happens until just a couple of years ago I had no access to the FX network and started watching the show on DVD. I am glad I don’t have to wait until Season 7 is out on DVD. But as each episode ends, it will be hard to wait a week for the next. 13 episode left, and all I can do is hope it ends well for Vic. I doubt it will though. Karma is a bitch sometimes.

Here’s a Season 7 teaser.


No comments: