Monday, April 7, 2008

The 50 Funniest Jokes Of The Past 12 Months

The New York Post had an article yesterday entitled “KILLER JOKES THE 50 BEST BITS, GAGS AND QUIPS THAT CRACK UP PRO COMICS - AND MAY HAVE YOU SPLITTING YOUR SIDES” According to the article the Post contacted dozens of comics, ranging from top-dollar headliners in Vegas to regulars on "Late Night" and "The Daily Show" and asked them for the best gag they'd written in the past year and their favorite punch line delivered by another comedian. They then chose the 50 most hilarious jokes of the last 12 months (according to the post).

Here are some examples

Jackie Mason
Hillary Clinton says she's the most qualified because she was married to a president for eight years. Now let me ask you, if a brain surgeon quit his job, would everyone in the operating room say, "Wait, let's get his wife."

Seth Meyers
During a "Weekend Update" segment about Eliot Spitzer: And you wanted to have sex with a hooker but you didn't want to wear a condom? Really?!? That might not be scary if you were client number 1, but you were client number 9. I wear a condom if I'm ninth in line at the deli.
(Robert "Triumph the Insult Comic Dog" Smigel's favorite)

Carolyn Castiglia
My mom says to me, "Honey, I don't want you to think I have diabetes because I'm fat. I have diabetes because it runs in our family." I said, "No, mom, you have diabetes because no one runs in our family!" (Adira Amram's favorite)

This is true in my family too unfortunately.

Read all 50 jokes here.

No comments: