Monday, May 12, 2008

Meet Cindy McCain

Katherine Jean Lopez on NRO has an interview with potential First Lady Cindy McCain. In the interview she talks about what its like to be the mother of two sons in the military, her daughter’s Meghan campaign blog, and the unexpected adoption of her daughter Bridget from Mother Theresa’s Calcutta orphanage.

You know, she chose me, I’m convinced. She was only ten weeks old but she captured my heart. As you know, she had a very severe cleft palate and she had a number of other little problems along with another little baby. hen I realized, when the nuns prevailed upon me and said: You know these babies need help you could help them, all of a sudden a light bulb kind of went off in my head and it
was like: “Yeah you know I can help them.” I’m in a situation where I can get some help for these kids. It was just a matter of really responding to the call and then of course realizing on the flight home that I just couldn’t give her up. I didn’t go there with any intention of adopting or adding to our family in any way, and as luck and God would have it she is our lovely daughter to this day. And even though it was a surprise to my husband, he loves her just the way I do, and she adds such a special dimension to our family.

Read the entire interview here.

No comments: